sábado, 4 de janeiro de 2014

Trip to sunny Rio day 2


First of the year.

We obviously slept for a great part of the day. I woke up earlier than most of my friends, who were all scattered around the flat in their respective mattresses. We ate leftover from the new year's eve feast, which was awesome. I wasn't hungover, which was even more awesome. It was even hotter than the day before, so we mostly hung out in the air conditioned room. When everyone finally awoke, we decided to start getting ready to go karaoke to celebrate our friend Bia's 27th. 

I asked them to make their best "waiting for the train" faces at the subway. 


We didn't wait long.

only in Rio you see so much beach sand in the subway trains


It was past 10pm when we arrived at the club and met with other friends. 

We got drinks and chose songs
I didn't think I was ever going to sing anything in front of everyone, but ended up choosing a song, just in case. 
tough battle

After a few drinks, I already found myself onstage with everyone. When one of us had a song to sing, the whole group joined and it was so much fun!    

Singing Dig by Incubus

We tried to sing Happy Birthday to Bia at midnight, but we mostly forgot. Until we got birthday champagne. 


Some guys stole our song. So we stole their stage.

Muse - Resistance

because 'love is our resistance'

It was a great start to the year. Us, together, singing our hearts out and celebrating our friend's life. Thank god almost everyone in the club had a fine taste in music! Well, thank god we were almost everyone in the room! haha 



We arrived home at the break of dawn and I was the first to fall asleep. Again. 



Credit: pictures 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9 belong to this website

Nenhum comentário: