New Year's eve.
We had an eary 45min flight to Rio de Janeiro in the morning of the 31st and this was our reception.
 |
| Perfect start to a beautiful day. |
We reunited with our friends from all over the country, and went out.
 |
| It was pretty fucking hot, though. 39ºC |
After lunch, we walked around a bit and passed by a bar where there was a Samba show happening. I noticed everyone in our little group was wearing Havaianas flip flops and took a shot. (I was in my converse)
 |
| Too much like Summer in Rio. |
The day before I had busted my arse baking chocolate chip cookies.
I filled eight small bags with them and put them inside huge red cups and wrapped them up. Then gave each one of my friends one as a holiday gift.
 |
| They seemed to have enjoyed. :) |
Then shit got real. We got home with the ice and there were too many drinks to fit the freezer. We had to be creative.
 |
| Washing machine ice box |
 |
| We cooked all day. |
 |
| ...and decorated. |
The food was delicious. I made lentil rice, which is a traditional new year's dish, here. (It's supposed to bring good luck) We had turkey!!! And other traditional holiday foods, snacks and sweets. For dessert there was this perfect Nutella cheesecake our friend Tina made. So.Good. And another thing with chocolate and grapes that our friend Sami brought.
The counting started. 3...2....1. Happy New Year!! (Drunk people lighting sparkles indoors in the same room with confetti and ballons was probably one of the most stupid and utterly reckless and dangerous things we've ever done!!!)
 |
| No one died. |
 |
| we had a toast to the year to come |
 |
| I don't drink champagne #gummybear |
All in all, we all ate too much, drank a lot, danced and sang songs and played video games!!! It was probably the best New Year's eve I've had! In a city I love, with people I adore, doing all things fun. I was the first to go to bed. It was 4am and I was knackered. I refuse to say I'm too old for this shit.
So, for the new year, I vow to have more fun, be more silly and remain young at heart!
 |
| Family photo |
Happy 2014!!!
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário