segunda-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2014

Local historical center

It is a funny thing when you find out you actually know very little about your own hometown. I mean, we see those same landscapes, buildings and hotspots every day and that's usually all they really are: stuff we look at. But it gets very embarrassing when someone from out of town asks you a simple question, like, what the fuck is that, and you find yourself clueless.

My friend's cousin from another state paid a visit. We took him out on this historical tour in town. There were places I didn't even know existed! I'm sure we all learned much more than we were expecting...

Carmo covent 1682

Sáo Francisco convent 1591

Ancient unfinished construction preserved

Human bones in the wall from old forgotten graves
Sao Gonçalo church 1707

hidden window


Port of Vitoria

Anchieta Palace (house of the governor) XVI

door

ancient key found

tile floor from XVII 

preserved altar 

time represented by different wall structures

Metropolitan Cathedral 1920

gothic style

Carlos Gomes theatre door 1927

three windows

chandelier

Santa Luzia chapel XVI

indoor memorial / cemetery


In the end, I have visited so many cities in my life... from Rio to  Paris, Miami, London, Prague and the list goes on... (I'm very grateful for that, by the way) but my point is, before that day I probably knew more about those other cities in the world than the one place I grew up in and live until today. Isn't it crazy?

I'm trying to catch up. It is never too late.

Nenhum comentário: