sábado, 28 de dezembro de 2013

Saturday lessons

** Side note **

I was having mixed feelings about writing a blog. You know, because it sounds like such a pretentious me-me-bullshit to have my life and thoughts written down on an internet page that barely no one reads like I'm somehow important. But you know what? Writing about my days has made me reflect more about them. Something that not many people have the habit of doing. And it's really brought me good things. For one, It's opened my eyes a little bit, in a way, and I've been enjoying my days a little more, paying attention to little details. Besides, documenting my time makes me feel like I've not wasted it, nor taken it for granted. Also, living the present and writing about it helps me not to freak out about the future. That's sort of crucial to me and my mental health thanks very much. lol 

**  Side note **

Crazy sappy bullshit aside, I've been writing about the rain situation in the region where I live. Because of the floods, my cousin's family (not my side) only got to celebrate Christmas today. So we made a little road trip to this beach house where a sort of holiday lunch party took place. They tossed confetti for Secret Santa!


Now, think about a repeat of Christmas. Food. Desserts. That's right, oh God! I didn't touch my phone all day #proud hence I don't have pictures of the food again. It was fun, though. It made me really think of how much I appreciate spending time with family.

Although I really wanted to go for a walk on the beach and play some ball in the sand during sunset, we left early. It was around 5pm when we got home and I decided I didn't want to the day to end just yet, so I invited the girls to come hang out in the pool and listen to some blues music having coffee.



We swam in our clothes because who the fuck cares? The atmosphere reminded us so much of Cayamo (the cruise we did last January) that we felt nostalgic. It was probably the Summer vibe mixed with good music and friends. Sunset was at 7:24pm.

I decided I'd make the girls dinner and went crazy in the kitchen. It turned out quite well and I'm glad they enjoyed. Roast potato with cheese topped with sliced chicken, carrots and cream, served with raw tomato and broccoli.


We watched a film called "The Bang Bang club" afterwards, which was very interesting. I had too much ice cream and I lost my car keys. It was in my brother's backseat. He stopped by during the movie and I got out to give little Alice a kiss. I was so entertained with her that I just dropped it there.

I learned good lessons today: Writing is good, family is essential, friends are important and nieces are distracting.

Bye :)

Nenhum comentário: